It's no surprise we are expecting Baby #2! And ITS A BOY!
Registering for baby #2 is a much different experience than your first. With your first, you literally need pretty much everything, your crib, high chair, stroller etc… so for your second baby you should be all set right? At least that's what most people think.
Now, a registry is usually for your baby shower guests to know what you need for your baby. However, even if you aren't having a shower or a "sprinkle" a registry is a good idea to keep a list of what you will need. Plus, most places you register at will send you a completion coupon of 10-15% off your registry items to get whatever else you need on your registry.
For baby #2 there will definitely be items that you will need. Especially, if the baby is a different gender.
1. A good baby carrier: I wish I would've invested in one of these the first time around. Since we only had one, we just held her a lot. Now with two kids, I'm sure I will need a lot of hands-free carrying!
2. A Baby Book: You're going to want to keep track of all those milestones for every child!
3. Video monitor: More babies, means parents need more sets of eyes to watch over them. You will need another monitor to watch over the new little one.
4. Nursing/feeding accessories: You may have a lot of these from before, but there is a lot that will need to be restocked and replenished. Such as: milk storage bags, nursing pads, extra bottles, new cleaning supplies.
5. Clothes: You may get lucky if your baby is the same gender and be able to use a lot of hand-me-downs. But even if your baby is the same gender, you may need certain season pieces if they are born in different seasons. This is a must for a new baby of a different gender.
6. Double Stroller: Another huge must, especially if you first is still small. Look for a stroller that will support your needs as your children grow together through different phases.
7. Diapers and wipes: This is another huge necessity. Especially if you aren't cloth diapering. Newborns go potty all time. I couldn't believe how many diapers we went through in the early months.
There are definitely other miscellaneous items you will need for another new baby. Little ones can tend to wear through stuff like crazy (or stain it permanently!) You may need to restock on items like crib sheets, burp clothes, wash clothes, body washes & lotions or possibly a new diaper bag.