Saturday, December 7, 2013
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
2 pounds of beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/3 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of corn starch (optional, but helps thicken the stew)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 package of onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 clove of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup beef broth
4-5 red potatoes diced
4 carrots, sliced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1. Put flour and seasonings (salt, pepper, onion soup mix, black pepper, paprika) into a gallon sized zip lock bag. Add beef and shake to coat.
2. Saute the coated beef on a pan with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil until browned.
3. Add chopped onion to pan with beef and cook until softened.
4. Transfer beef and onions to slow cooker.
5. Add beef broth and a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce to pan to deglaze. scrape up any seasoning and then pour over beef and onions in the slow cooker.
6. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours
Serve it up!