Adding a little more greens in your life?
Have you tried Kale Chips yet? How about Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips?
They are strangely addicting...
1. Tear up kale into bite sized pieces. Try to keep them relatively the same size. (make sure you washed the kale first).
2. Toss the kale in a bowl with a little bit of vinegar and then lay out to dry on a baking sheet over a paper towel. (This part takes a while. So feel free to skip it if you just want regular kale chips.) Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350.
3. Once they are dry, toss the pieces of kale in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil. Use sparingly!!! Using clean hands rub each piece to evenly coat it lightly in olive oil. My husband's cousin recommended rubbing the olive oil on your hands first then tossing to avoiding over-doing with the olive oil on the kale. It's up to you which you prefer.
4. Lay the kale in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle evenly with salt. I used sea salt. Note: my first batch I didn't add enough salt for my own liking, so the next I laid it on thick (most of it bounces off) and it was much tastier!
6. Bake for 5 mins. Check and flip pieces if needed. Bake for another 5 mins and check on kale again. I removed and pieces that were done. (Should be crispy, lightly brown-pale green) Check on any remaining pieces every minute until all chips are evenly cooked.
7. Eat them up!! Enjoy your Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips!
Have you tried any Kale Chip varieties?