1. Baby's First Ornament
2. Easy Holiday Centerpiece
3. Chocolate Reindeer Pretzels
4. Holiday Gift Tag Printables
On the 5th Day of Christmas....
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Bites
These Peppermint Cheesecake Bites are the perfect treat for the Holidays, or to bring to bring to a Christmas party! They are easy to make and so delicious! I was inspired by the recipe I found Here to make them and I as glad I did!
Hope you enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hour, plus 3 hours of chill time
What you'll need:
- 3 cup of chocolate cookies (I used "Oreos", ground finely to make 2 cups of crumbs)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 block of cream cheese (8 oz), room temperature
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened, condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter
- Peppermint candies
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray your 8x8 cooking pan with cooking spray. Then line with wax paper, so that it comes up on the side and then spray again.
2. Break up cookies until they are just crumbs. Mix cookie crumbs with the melted butter and sugar in a bowl until coated.
3. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan with a fork. Then bake for 10 minutes.
4. Next, beat cream cheese in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, condensed milk, and peppermint extract and beat until smooth.
5. Pour cream cheese mixture into the pan over the cookie crust.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool in pan for 30 minutes (I recommend waiting longer)
7. Using a knife separate the cheesecake from the pan. Lift the cheesecake from the pan and cut away any rough edges.
8. Place candy canes or peppermints in a zip lock bag. Place on a hard surface (that won't dent) and break up with a rolling pin.
9. Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a small bowl for about 30, stir and microwave an additional 15 seconds if needed. Place mixture in a ziplock bag and cut a small piece off the corner of the bag. Pipe a decorative design on top the cheesecake. I recommend waiting until the cheesecake is cooled to do this. My chocolate melted a little once it was on the still warm cheesecake. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint.
10. Refrigerate until cheesecake is totally firm, about 3 hours.
11. Slice into small squares. Place into individual cupcake papers for guests to easy grab and hold their own bite and serve!